A mother and glass artist, trying to balance life...


Monday, June 14, 2010

Etsy Project Embrace




I have been keeping my eyes open for a team to join on Etsy. I'm not much of a rah-rah-ree person, so a lot of the teams I looked at didn't seem like a match for me. A little while ago, RoughMagicCreations included me in a treasury of hers. You can read the post for it here. She noted that many of the featured artists were members of Etsy Project Embrace. I looked it up and was intriqued. Project Embrace was started to "create awareness and support for people who have been diagnosed with Cancer." Many members of the team donate a percentage of their sales to the American Cancer Society. I thought that the mixture of community and cause would be right for me. I've decided to do donate $5.00 from any item with my new Kiku Flower motif on it. I have a Fused Light Catcher shown above and am working on a candle holder and 3 colors of necklaces. They will be available later this week. A lantern design will follow in mid-July (after ComFest). You can search Etsy for members' goods by typing the term "teamepe" into the search bar.
The team page is :
http://team.etsy.com/viewteam.php?id=685
The team blog is:
http://www.etsyprojectembrace.blogspot.com/

Project Embrace members have been so kind to include me in 2 more treasuries! Please click on the pictures above to visit the treasuries. Perhaps you'll find a treat for yourself that helps us help others!

No comments:

Post a Comment