A mother and glass artist, trying to balance life...


Thursday, July 9, 2009

ComFest 2009







I survived another ComFest! It was a fabulous adventure as always! We set our booths up on Thursday. Thursday night there were major storms. We spent that night at my friend Mary's house wondering, "Is that hail?" "Will the tents survive?" I thought we would have to retrieve mangled pieces of our tents from around Goodale Park, but no! When we arrived Friday morning, our booths were exactly as we had left them. Now I feel very confident about my set-up in a storm. No storms during the Festival, thank goodness.
ComFest is hands-down my favorite festival. I look forward to it each year as a sort of homecoming. I see old friends and customers, and hear music from some of the best bands in the region. Believe it or not, this was my 16th ComFest. Each year I set up next to my girl Mary Martineau. Mary does really fun decoupage mirrors, coasters, magnets, belts buckles, and necklaces. She sells her work at PM Gallery and What the Rock in Columbus. Hey Mary, open your Etsy shop so I can link to it! Mary's brother Michael was our wonderful helper. He has the job next year if he wants it! Across the way from my booth was Goldyfish Purses. J.J. makes to die for bags. Two booths down was Clinton Reno. Clinton was fortunate enough to have an entire page written about his Concert Poster Art in the Columbus Dispatch on the Saturday of ComFest! Congratulations, Clinton!

Enjoy the pictures! I'm already planning for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment